Stopped Scripts Not Removing Paint

Recently been having an issue with scripts leaving the paint on screen after I have stopped the script. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes

Just restart client

Which scripts

@Man16 Was happening with YFighter yesterday. There was another one too but can’t remember which script it was.

It’s also been happening to mine occasionally the script bracelet buddy. @Man16 I can let you check out the code if you are willing to help fix it

Salutes.

Actually it seems to be caused by bad script. If the script is stopped while it’s in a loop and the loop does not have a well-coded catch function for the stop event it leaves the paint drawn because the script is still running in the background, not actually doing anything but idling.

If you’re not using your own script the only thing to fix this is to ask for the developer to fix it.

@SNUSMEISTER said in Stopped Scripts Not Removing Paint:

Salutes.

Actually it seems to be caused by bad script. If the script is stopped while it’s in a loop and the loop does not have a well-coded catch function for the stop event it leaves the paint drawn because the script is still running in the background, not actually doing anything but idling.

If you’re not using your own script the only thing to fix this is to ask for the developer to fix it.

Actually… it’s caused by the listeners not being deregistered properly, which happens sometimes for some reason. This is unrelated to the script, as listeners are registered and deregistered internally

@burak Oh, that seems really reasonable. I fixed mine by creating better handling when the script is stopped by the user, but that may be case-specific. Also when I increased a sleep timeout the said ‘bug’ happened almost every time.

Generally, that information helps a lot!