So bans seem to be pretty consistent from client to client. Are we any closer to figuring out what's causing them?

Let’s assume a person doesn’t use a flagged proxy, doesn’t bot long hours, plays manually in-between to look as legit as possible, mixes up what they’re botting, and babysits their bot to avoid reports. They will still get banned (Most people at least, some are lucky)

Antiban is a pseudo solution, they’re not tracking mouse movements (?) but they might be tracking mouse clicks, and the intervals between them (?), client detection isn’t a thing (or the clients with mirror mode/spectre would have lower ban rates)

What’s left? How is Jagex keeping their detection such a closely guarded secret for so many years?

/rant

How do u know ur proxy isnt flagged

@burak said in So bans seem to be pretty consistent from client to client. Are we any closer to figuring out what's causing them?:

How do u know ur proxy isnt flagged

Because I don’t use one. And I know my own IP isn’t flagged because I haven’t played in a year. New account, new ISP, same result.

@Gulp How do you pay for membership? I remember back in the day before bonds they would flag payment methods too.

Also I can fairly confidently say botting long hours doesn’t have an impact as I’ve got an old account that’s been running 24/7 since last Friday. The main difference with this account is that it’s had multiple memberships in the past, is an old account and didn’t bot tutorial island. Also it’s an old test account so it has a few legit playtime hours and was created on the same IP it’s played on, I think that’s a key factor.

@Shteve said in So bans seem to be pretty consistent from client to client. Are we any closer to figuring out what's causing them?:

@Gulp How do you pay for membership? I remember back in the day before bonds they would flag payment methods too.

Also I can fairly confidently say botting long hours doesn’t have an impact as I’ve got an old account that’s been running 24/7 since last Friday. The main difference with this account is that it’s had multiple memberships in the past, is an old account and didn’t bot tutorial island. Also it’s an old test account so it has a few legit playtime hours and was created on the same IP it’s played on, I think that’s a key factor.

I’ve tried a few different ways. I usually use a different method each time, as to not have them link my CC or something to my botting. So I’ve done mobile, PayPal, and CC.

I don’t think it’s the long hours either. Since legit players play long hours all the time.

Every account I’ve botted I’ve leveled and quested manually since they have all been mains or pures. Sometimes they last a month, sometimes they last a week. With the only difference between them being the scripts I use. So I’m pretty sure that’s where they get you.

Maybe the quality of the script you’re using is just higher or takes something into account that others don’t. That’s my theory at least. Dax creates some quality stuff though.

My recent ban on Rspeer was after less than a week of botting. After having quested the account and gotten some good base stats (like 30 in most things, and quest requirements)

I know Rspeer is doing testing with bans, would be nice to know if they’re gaining any useful info. Obviously they can’t share the info since that would alert Jagex, but still.

Here’s what I’ve seemed to notice from botting with RSPeer…

• The client is pretty much undetected
  • Reports are your main source of bans assuming you’re creating your accounts correctly

You can safely bot on Friday when the mods leave work for the weekend which is around 12:30 - 1PM EST and expect your accounts to survive a good 72 hours if you don’t get reported and you’re using a decent script.

RSPeer is amazing to say the least, I can’t wait to see what this community comes out with in the next 6 months.

@lethalds1 I wouldn’t say reports are main source . In your opinion, what is the “correct” way to create accounts?
I’ve had accounts in instance scenarios still get banned. None of the botting done in or around people.
Not trying to banter/offend you so I hope you don’t take it that way.

A lot of bans for me, personally seems to be random. In the early days of RSP I’ve had accounts botting for 400+ hours suiciding and only logging for thursday updates.
On the other hand I have had times where the account gets picked off in 3 days of botting with random breaks and minimal hours botting with regular play.

@Jesse No worries, I’m not offended. I believe the correct way to set up an account is to create it on an IP that isn’t flagged and is residential. Never bot tutorial island in f2p and if you can help it do tut island by hand. Your name and outfit matter greatly when trying to get the most out of an account simply because of player reports so I invest the most time into making sure my accounts don’t look like bots at first glance.

I don’t think bans are random, there’s always a reason and here are a few variables that might be the cause…

• Flagged IP
  • Player Reports
  • Email service provider used to signup for Runescape account
  • Not deleting browser cookies before creating account
  • Botting in hotspots
  • Poorly written script
  • Not utilizing breaks
  • No botting profile (Unless you’re suiciding something mix it up every hour or so and do quests!)

You’re trying to evade a pattern detection from Jagex, Manual bans from Mods and player reports… bans are inevitable.

Impressive 400+ Hour accounts, I could only dream of making it that far with an account. What did you suicide? Also nice fishing script, used it yesterday.

@lethalds1 I always use my own ip, never use proxies or vpn. Sometime last year sometime I had Mod Acorn hunting me down, she posted on twitter about someone suiciding at seagulls and they were at like 30 hours or something. I made a twitter just to reply to her with a screen shot of my 300+ hours saying come find me. I ended up selling the account when I got my desired stats.

I agree botting tutorial island tends to have bans follow close behind the account.

Thanks, I’ve refrained from writing anymore public scripts since I don’t really use RSP as much as I used too.