Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Issue:new character, got past creation screen and immediate crash, terminal prints 'Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Steps to recreate:run rspeer via video steps provided for linux, login with fresh character, create character, crash
Java Version: 8.212
Operating System (Windows 10, Mac OS X, Linux, etc):Ubuntu
Are you using a proxy (Yes / No):no
Error message (If applicable):

Run the client jar file from the terminal and copy the full error message, that might shed some light on the issue.

In the meantime, have you tried the basics?

1. Re download the client
  2. Delete all RSPeer data from your computer and see Step 1.

Segmentation errors are usually caused by poor memory allocation, have you considered allocating more memory to your JVM? I was unable to re-create the error on my side, even when using my Ubuntu 14.04 machine.

Prior experience with segmentation faults on Linux leads me to believe that you could possibly have some mis-configured packages on your machine. Especially if your a bit new to the operating system. Consider even re-installing Java and/or doing a completion check on the installation.

Java will usually output a ‘gbp’ file when a segmentation fault occurs, Ubuntu can (I think) read this file by default. Might be worth taking a look there if your not getting a full stacktrace.